Wednesday 20 May 2020

The Statue

#story
#fictional
#emotional

The Statue
I was planted in the midst of the city from where I could see each and everything. So cursed I had been that I couldn't even close my eyes and witnessed at many occasions people robbing wealth, body, mind and soul. When people around relaxed and slept in gloom, I had to just look at the criminals wandering under the moon. My stone heart ached all the time when I saw innocents getting punished without any reason while the culprits enjoying their deadly freedom. How tragical it was that I couldn't even run like the other people who escaped with this intention that they were not involved.

Once I prayed to the distant god sitting in the temple on the other side of the road. I asked Him to make me as ignorant as Him. He just smiled and said, "Son, neither I nor anyone else can help you in this. What you can't handle just assume that it doesn't exist and you won't be troubled by any external circumstances then. It's not possible to see the world in the way you wish to but you can make your eyes adapt to the things that's happening beyond its sight. And the reality is that everything around is just virtual. Whatever starts, comes to an end, sooner or later. What you see is just illusion."

Listening to the Almighty I felt empowered, as stiff as my heart, I became cool and restrained.
Still I see everything happening near me, but without any feeling.
©Anupam Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Decision

Whether to sit or stand straight, Whether to strol or run fast, Whether to end or start, Whether to go Left or Right; No way is wrong or Rig...