Wednesday 20 May 2020

My First Child

My First Child

Oh, how long I had to wait
Just to see her in that plate
Where she was crying constant
Amidst the doctors vigilant.

Since the moment I came to know
A life within me started to grow
I felt special and bestowed somehow
With new dreams that were to follow.

With many troubles and difficulties
I passed those long nine months
Just to bear the labour pain for hours
Without any response from the uterus.

Finally the doctors took the decision
Looking at the condition, to do caesarean
Though I was scared of the cuts and injection
I didn't complain for any of the action.

A liquid was injected in my lower back
To make the body numb for the attack
Of the scissors and knife at my pack
Just to get the baby from the closed sack.

Oh, that first loud incessant cry
Felt like rain in the desert dry
And I used all my force to try
Showering my love on that joy.

I was stitched and left in intense pain
With the most special present as a gain
To whom I just looked again and again
As the new mother drenched in love rain.
©Anupam Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Decision

Whether to sit or stand straight, Whether to strol or run fast, Whether to end or start, Whether to go Left or Right; No way is wrong or Rig...