Thursday 21 May 2020

My Moon

My Moon
I sat in stillness all alone
One night under the sky
When all slept except the moon
Who greeted me with eternal smile
In silence we converse for a while
And then bid each other bye.

Zealously to meet him I came out
After a long day on the other night
But he was nowhere in the heaven
Though the stars were scattered there.
I woefully missed his presence
As I'd to say something in his agile ear. 

I thought he too had ditched me
Like the other important ones in my life
So in annoyance I sat in the dark. 
To my astonishment he came back
With the same smile he materialized
Provoking me to forget what's passed. 

I asked, "Where have you been?"
He just smiled saying nothing
Silently training me to get habituated
With whatever has been happening.
Now I could see him grow and disappear
With the same love and warmth forever.
©amritsagar
Anupam Mishra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Decision

Whether to sit or stand straight, Whether to strol or run fast, Whether to end or start, Whether to go Left or Right; No way is wrong or Rig...