Thursday 21 May 2020

Modern Educaional System


I'm very sure that you all might have received that most circulated message on teacher's day, which says that all the professions see their progress in the problem of its customers except the teachers whose profit is in the enrichment of its employers. Yes, here employers are the students.

No need to explicit that point as you may get it through the words itself. What I wish to highlight today is the situation of the educational system of the current generation.
I've worked in many renowned schools in my ten years of teaching experience that I kept on changing every year.
Yes, of course like any other professions salary was one ground, based on which I kept on grabbing the higher opportunities, but that was not the only motivation. I have always been passionate about teaching. I still remember my fourth standard English teacher, Mr Sahji sir, how fascinated I was to his teaching skills! And then I was inspired of almost all the teachers in my Secondary school, though I carry a little bit of teaching character of my hindi teacher, Anshu didi.

My passion for teaching wasn't fulfilled in any of the schools where I worked. I was bound to a syllabus and pattern and the innovations in teaching were not welcomed at any of the teaching institutes. Even if the showcase of innovation was respected occasionally, freedom to implement that was strictly prohibited without going through a long round process.

Moreover, neither the students nor their parents have been supportive to our endeavours, where we wanted the kids to make self dependent rather than getting them spoon fed, the parents wanted their kids to just feed with their golden spoons. Unlike our parents, the parents of today wish to give their kids everything without causing any pain or troubles to their kids. They want their kids to experience all those things that they couldn't access in their childhood. They just want them to enjoy each and every luxury that they have earned from their struggles, rather than teaching them the most significant lesson of life,  'Struggling'.

And to get that they work day and night away from their kids spending their time of togetherness to earn the so called happy lifes of their kids.
How can they forget that if they needed some motivation to achieve something in their life the same sort of motivation is required for the welfare and development of their kids as well. They are making their kids feeble and lifeless taking away the various motivations from them.

I'm no more teaching in any formal school but in a well known coaching class, which is known to create geniuses every year. It has broken almost all the records of all the existing coaching classes of India. And when comes to quality, no other institute here can compete with that today at least in Mumbai.
I'm not any significant fellow there as I don't teach science or maths to make geniuses but I just train the students to speak and write well.

I know it very well that I'm not perfect but still I'm proud of myself as I do my work with full devotion. I may have just a drop of the knowledge ocean, but I try my best to shower that petty drop around myself. My students are my life driving force. Teaching is not just my profession but the motivation of my life, through which I learn everyday a new lesson.
Though I want to make my children mature enough to decide what's good or bad for them, I wish their parents may also help them in achieving this. Pampering without any reason and giving excuses for the failures will suppress the potential of their children and they will always keep on saying, "My child can do this but he isn't doing!"

Anupam Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Decision

Whether to sit or stand straight, Whether to strol or run fast, Whether to end or start, Whether to go Left or Right; No way is wrong or Rig...